The Gushing Cinephile: July 15, 2013
I hope everyone had a great weekend, enjoying the heat, I know I did. But now, it’s time to get back to business here at The Cinema Monster and to start off the new week as we always do, here is the newest edition of The Gushing Cinephile.
First up, a slew of high-profile films released their Blu-ray/DVD release dates. If you turn your attention to the header image, you’ll see that J.J Abrams “Star Trek Into Darkness” is the first film on our list. Scheduled for home release on September 10, 2013. Below you will find the specifics courtesy of IGN.
- Feature film in high definition
- Creating the Red Planet: Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
- Attack on Starfleet: Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
- The Klingon Home World: Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
- The Enemy of My Enemy: Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
- Ship to Ship: An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
- Brawl by the Bay: Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.
- Continuing the Mission: An inspiring look at the partnership between the film’s crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
Next, perhaps the most underrated film of 2013 to date, in my eyes anyway, “The East” will hit Blu-ray and DVD on September 17, 2013.
Finally, the utterly polarizing “The Great Gatsby” will hit home video on August 27. 2013. You will find the specific below.
· The Greatness of Gatsby
· “Within and Without” With Tobey Maguire
· The Swinging Sounds of Gatsby
· The Jazz Age
· Razzle Dazzle: The Fashion of the ’20s
· Fitzgerald’s Visual Poetry
· Gatsby Revealed
· Deleted Scenes
I don’t know about you, but I’ll be picking up all three.
Next we have some terrific news. Sam Mendes and Daniel Craig officially confirmed this past week that they will be returning for “Bond 24″ which is set for theatrical release in North America on November 6, 2015. What are your thoughts on this dynamic duo returning?
Up next, a rather quick look at Wally Pfister’s directorial debut “Transcendence.” For those who don’t know who Mr. Pfister is, he was Christopher Nolan’s cinematographer for a majority of his films. The Film stars Johnny Depp, Rebecca Hall, Cillian Murphy, and Kate Mara, set for release on April 18, 2014.
FInally, a couple high-profile, up-coming releases released their first trailers this past week, “Out of the Furnace” and “Oldboy.” Instead of rambling on about each flick, i’ll let you all just check out the trailers. Be sure to let me know what you think!
“Out of the Furnace”
Okay guys, that’ll do it for this week’s edition of The Gushing Cinephile. Make sure to comment your thoughts down below, look forward to hearing from you. Also, if you’re looking for up to the minute film news, just check out The Cinema Monster’s twitter feed or follow @cinema_monster. Everyone have a great week!