I have been graciously tagged by Mike over at MikesFilmTalk to participate in a questionnaire for bloggers. I was skeptic at first, being as fresh as I am to the blogging game, but after reading the outline and objective, my viewpoint changed. As I am fairly new to blogging, I figure this will be a great opportunity to showcase a little bit of my personalty as well as get to know some of my fellow bloggers.
Below you will find the 11 questions Mike has issued me to answer.
1. Have you ever been made redundant from your job? How did you feel about it?
2. If you were interviewing someone for a writing job, what three qualities would you look for and why?
3. What is your favourite board game?
4. When you look at the stars, what do you see?
5. When you look at the ocean, what does it remind you of?
6. How do you overcome writers block?
7. If you could say three encouraging things to another person, what would they be?
8. Do you prefer to write your stories/books/poetry/prose/articles on paper first, then type up and edit them, or do you like to type them straight into your computer to edit?
9. Do you like writing in one genre or more?
10. As a writer, do you think actions speak louder than words?
11. What is your favourite quote and why?
Now, here are my 11 answers to Mike’s questions.
1. To be honest, I haven’t.
2. I would look for experience, grammar, and originality. Because, not just anybody can do what we do.
3. My favourite board game would have to be Risk.
4. When I look at the stars I see how insignificant our lives are. I’m not trying to be morose, I simply mean that by comparison, our tribulations and emotions are miniscule. I am an avid astronomer so I know a thing or two about the universe and it really puts things into perspective.
5. The ocean reminds me of space.
6. I overcome writers block by listening to music, watching movies, and reading. Sometimes it is beneficial to just walk away from it and have a drink or a quick smoke as well, let your brain indulge.
7. The three things I would say to someone…Be optimistic, don’t worry about what others think because people generally don’t care about you or your best interests, and to cherish the moment.
8. I type and edit straight from my computer.
9. I write in multiple genres.
10. I can write every emotion, experience, or action. But it is no substitute for living them.
11. “There are only three things to be done with a woman. You can love her, suffer for her, or turn her into literature.” This quote is from Lawrence Durrell’s Alexandria Quartet, book entitled Justine. It is my favourite quote because I don’t think truer words have ever been spoken.
These are my 11 questions I will issue the bloggers of my choosing to answer. Remember that I am a film blogger so they are not as deep or interesting as Mike’s.
1. What is your favourite film?
2. Who is your favourite actor?
3. Who is your favourite actress?
4. Who is your favourite director?
5. What is your preferred alcoholic drink?
6. If you had a time travelling machine and could only chose one direction to journey, would it be forwards or backwards, and why?
7. What is your favourite book?
8. Choose one, forests, deserts, mountains, oceans? Why?
9. Who is your favourite artist/band/musician?
10. What is your favourite television show? Past or present, doesn’t matter.
11. What is your dream job?
The 11 bloggers I choose to answer my questions will be random. Below you will find there names listed.
There you have it, my 11 questions and the 11 bloggers I’ve chosen. I assure you, if you didn’t get picked, it is not personal, I’ll get you next time. You can chose to participate or not, I am not going to hold you to it, I am just following the rules. I’ll post a comment on each bloggers page just in case they don’t see this post.